PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR THE IPSS HAS PASSED. UNFORTUNATELY, NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS CAN BE CONSIDERED.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in joining the IPSS, please prepare a 1-page application letter (PDF), including
● your name, department/university, current position, and one of the pricing options below (PO.1, PO.2, PO.3),
● your educational background,
● your programming skills,
● your motivation to join the IPSS,
● and a brief project proposal.
When writing your project proposal, please think of an interesting research question (RQ) about the interplay between pandemics and infodemics, the relevance of your RQ, how answering your RQ could be beneficial for society or scientific advance in general, and how you would approach your RQ. The application letter is used to select suitable participants, to create workgroups of participants, and to award up to eight scholarships for outstanding applications. Students receiving a scholarship will have no costs for registration and accommodation (hostel only).
Where do I send my letter to?
When do I send my letter?
The deadline for the IPSS has passed. Unfortunately, no further applications can be considered.
When can I expect a reply to my application?
For applications before March 1st, 2023 at latest March 16th, 2023. For later applications until March 31st, 2023.
How much does it cost?
That depends on what pricing option you choose.
● PO.1 → € 450 for registration only.
● PO.2 → € 750 for the first option including accommodation: a dorm bed in the Jugendherberge Lübeck Altstadt. Note, that the ‘Jugendherbergen’ in Germany require a membership for which you can sign up on arrival (if you are not already a member in your own country). That means this option may create some additional costs depending on your place of residency. For details please refer to the DJH membership page.
● PO.3 → € 1,250 for the second option including accommodation: a private room in the Traveller Hotel Lübeck.
Note that travel arrangements and expenses are not part of any of the pricing options and must be arranged personally (including scholarship recipients).
How do I pay?
Successful applications will receive a payment request with their letter of acceptance.
!!! A word of advice !!!
Lübeck is located in the middle of a very popular vacation area, which is especially busy in the summer. That makes it a great opportunity for you to extend your stay with your new acquaintances. However, if you plan to organize accommodation yourself, please do so in time.